The thousands of brave men and women fighting for our freedom deserve a reminder of how much we appreciate them. Take some time out of your week to plan, pack, and send a CARE package to support our troops. The steps are easy to follow, and your CARE package can make a big difference in a soldier’s day.
1. Go here. You will find flat rate boxes for APO/FPO addresses. These are for troops overseas, and the USPS will mail you these boxes for free.
2. Make sure anything you are planning to send is in travel-size accessories. It will be a lot easier for soldiers to carry around with them. A list of great things to send include: toothpaste, sanitizer, $1 toothbrushes, sports magazines, books, travel games, AA Batteries, hand-written notes and of course home-baked cookies (non-chocolate and individually wrapped).
3. Put everything in Ziploc baggies. This is to avoid sand and other debris getting in to your items.
4. Find a Serviceperson’s address at http://www.anysoldier.com/WhereToSend/ and write it correctly. They are not street addresses, but APOs (Army Post Office) and FPOs (Fleet Post Office).
5. Take your package down to your local Post Office, send it off and know you will make a soldier smile!
© 2012 All Pro Dad. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
Huddle Up Question
Would you ever like to serve our country in the military? Why or why not?